1. Account Registration. Registering for an account with us by providing the information requested in our registration process will give you access to your free credit score, free credit report, credit monitoring, account monitoring, analysis of related information and offers for products and services from our marketing partners, and any additional features we may develop for registered accountholders. Registering for an account is optional, but if you elect not to register for an account, you will not be able to access certain features of the Services. You may only register for an account if you are eighteen or older and have a valid U.S. Social Security Number. By registering, you certify that you meet these criteria. All information you provide to us about yourself and your third party financial accounts must be true, accurate, current and complete information. You are required to keep all information up to date and accurate. You may not register an account for anyone but yourself. You agree not to misrepresent your identity, your personal information or your third party account information. By registering for an account or using the Services, you accept all responsibility for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, controlling and limiting access to your account, and for all activities that occur under your account or password. You may not sell, transfer or assign your account. We may suspend or terminate your account or your use of the Services or otherwise deny you access to the Services at any time and for any reason, including, without limitation, if we suspect that information you have provided is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party if we suspend or terminate your access to any Services for any reason. We retain sole ownership over your Lendedu account information.
2. Consents You Grant by Registering and Using the Services. When you register for an account with us, you are providing to us the following specific consents:
• I understand that I am providing written instructions in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and other applicable law for Lendedu to request and receive information about me from third parties, including but not limited to a copy of my consumer credit report and score from consumer reporting agencies, at any time for so long as I have an active Lendedu account.
• I further understand that I am authorizing Lendedu to retain a copy of all such information received, including the information I am submitting through this registration form or that I provide to Lendedu from time to time, either directly or indirectly (collectively, the "Member Profile"), and to use that Member Profile to use for other product, services and marketing for Lendedu.
• I further understand that Lendedu will request and receive a copy of my consumer credit report one time per month for so long as I have an active Lendedu account.
3. Advertised Rates and Savings. We may use information from your Member Profile and data we have on available offers for financial products or services to estimate you loan terms through one of the financial products or services available through our Services. Any estimate we provide you of possible terms, savings or other information is for illustration purposes only. Our estimates are based on certain assumptions and use only the data we have, and are neither endorsed by, nor commissioned by, any of providers or third parties. We do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, timeliness, reliability, completeness or usefulness of any estimates we provide, and we disclaim all liability for any errors or omissions in any such estimates.
4. Receiving Your Credit Report. In addition to the free credit report you receive by registering for Lendedu and the other Services we provide, you are entitled by law to receive one free credit report from each of the national credit reporting agencies (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion) during any twelve-month period. Lendedu is providing these reports for educational purposes and we are not responsible for any inaccuracies or errors in said reports. We'll pull your credit report information for you every month unless you cancel your Lendedu account. Your acceptance of these terms and conditions provides acceptance for Lendedu to make these monthly credit report inquiries on your behalf.
5. Your Use of the Site. The text, images, graphics, data, links, software, audio, video, or other materials ("Content") found on the Site is provided to you by us. The Content found on the Site is either owned by us or the person that published it, subject to a license granted to Lendedu, and therefore, the Content cannot: (i) be republished by you or any other third-party without consent from the person that published it or prior written consent from Lendedu; or (ii) plagiarized. All trademarks, trade names, tag lines remain the sole and exclusive property of Lendedu or their respective owners. The Content found on the Site is not reviewed, screened, censored, edited, or otherwise modified. By using the Site, you expressly relieve us from any and all liability arising from your use of the Site. We may monitor your use of this Site, and may freely use and disclose any information and materials received from you or collected through your use of the Site for any lawful reason or purpose. We may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site at any time, including the availability of any Site feature, database, or Content. Lendedu may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Site without notice or liability. The Site may contain links to third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites. In addition, we will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using this Site, you expressly relieve us from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website. Accordingly, we encourage you to be aware when you leave this Site to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of every website that you visit.
7. DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT Lendedu respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects users to do the same. Pursuant to 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) (Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998), Lendedu’s designated agent to receive notice of alleged copyright infringement is:
95 River St Suite 207
Hoboken, NJ 07030
To file a notice of infringement with us, you need to fulfill the requirements specified in Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. The text of this statute can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office website, http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/pl105-304.pdf (visited September 16, 2011). Lendedu will act pursuant to the Act to resolve claims of infringement. Those accused of copyright infringement are informed that repeated violation could result in permanent suspension from the Site. 8. SERVICES You may voluntarily access an algorithm that compares information provided by you to information compiled by Lendedu. The algorithm includes use of publicly available information and User data. Lendedu makes no warranties whatsoever about the information contained within the algorithm and website nor its applicability or accuracy in regard to your individual circumstances. Information and interactive functions within the Lendedu website are made available to you as self-help tools for your independent use and are not intended to provide investment advice. Lendedu does not recommend that you rely upon on the information provided through the website or algorithm to make a decision about any offer made by a provider or third party through the website. Use of the algorithm or website does not guarantee approval or qualification for any offer. By clicking on any button or icon indicating an acceptance or agreement to terms, a continuance of procession or submission, you understand that you are consenting, acknowledging and agreeing to the stated terms and conditions of that submission and that you are submitting an offer request to a provider or third party or multiple providers to whom your offer request is transmitted. You authorize Lendedu to submit your information to a number of providers or third parties in the product market for which you are seeking offers or contact a credit agency to obtain your report. You acknowledge that when your information is submitted to providers or third parties, your information may be submitted in the form of a provider’s application for credit, the relevant disclosures and terms of which you have reviewed, agree to and accept. When submitting an offer request, you also authorize providers to request from one or multiple credit reporting agencies, your credit bureau report including any ancillary credit scores or ratings and to verify that your offer request form is true or accurate. You further acknowledge that any methods utilized by providers or third parties are separate and independent from those of Lendedu. Furthermore, any responses from providers or third parties to your offer are between you and the provider or third party and done pursuant to the timeline of the provider or third party. In order for you to receive offers from providers or third parties, you acknowledge that Lendedu is required to submit offer requests on your behalf and you authorize Lendedu to submit such offer requests. Lendedu does not guarantee acceptance of any offer or any particular term of any offer with any provider or third party. In addition, we are not a party to the dealing, contracting and fulfillment of any offer. We are not required to and do not verify any information given to us by users or providers. We do not endorse or recommend the products, services or offers of any particular provider or third party accessed by you in your use of the Lendedu website. The delivery of and the payment for products and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with provider or third party products and services are solely between you and provider or third party. We assume no liability, obligation or responsibility for any part of any such offers, products, services or promotions. A provider or third party is solely responsible for its offers and services to you, and you agree that Lendedu shall not be liable for any damages or costs of any type arising out of or in any way connected with your use of offers or provider services. Lendedu is not a broker of financial services and Lendedu does not (i) directly or indirectly make or procure, attempt to make or procure, or offer to make or procure a loan of money or extension of credit; (ii) assist or advise users in obtaining or attempting to obtain a loan of money or line of credit; or (iii) solicit for loans. Furthermore, Lendedu does not take applications or make credit decisions in connection with offer requests that you may choose to submit. Lendedu does not guarantee any scholarships offered or promoted on its website. By using Lendedu, you agree that Lendedu shall decide at any time to cancel any and all scholarship award offers at the discretion of Lendedu management. Unless the Lendedu scholarship receives 20,000 unique scholarship application submissions, Lendedu reserves the right to void any and all scholarship offers. By using Lendedu, you agree that Lendedu shall not be liable for any damages or costs of any type arising out of the cancellation of a Lendedu scholarship award. Lendedu does not guarantee the accuracy of any credit report or credit reporting information provided to you. These credit reports are provided for educational purposes only. By using Lendedu’s services you acknowledge this limitation and accept all information provided “as-is”.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT THEREON ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS”. LENDEDU EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED, FOUND OR ADVERTISED BY LENDEDU OR LENDEDU’S ADVERTISERS. LENDEDU MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE OR CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY WEBSITES LINKED FROM OR TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, INTERRUPTIONS OR INACCURACIES OF THE SITE OR CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF OUR SITE, (III) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (IV) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE. LENDEDU DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE LENDEDU SITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED SITE OR ANY SITE FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING ON THE SITE. LENDEDU MAY SHARE USER INFORMATION WITH ITS PARTNERS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT LENDEDU IS SOLELY AN INTERMEDIARY BETWEEN (I) YOU AND THE NATIONAL CREDIT REPORTING AGENCY OR OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDERS ACTUALLY FURNISHING YOUR CREDIT REPORTS, CREDIT SCORES AND OTHER INFORMATION, AND (II) YOU AND OUR MARKETING PARTNERS FOR WHOM WE DISPLAY OFFERS FOR FINANCIAL PRODUCTS. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT, THE ANALYSES AND TOOLS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOAN INFORMATION, RATES AND APPROVALS, ARE BASED ON ASSUMPTIONS AND SUBJECT TO THE LIMITATIONS DISCLOSED WITH RESPECT TO EACH SUCH ANALYSIS OR TOOL. LENDEDU EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT OR THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE INACCURACY OR INCOMPLETENESS OF ANY SUCH CREDIT REPORTS, CREDIT SCORES, ANALYSIS OF RELATED INFORMATION, SAVINGS ESTIMATES, APPROVAL ODDS, OTHER INFORMATION, TOOLS OR ANALYSES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT; THE AVAILABILITY OR LEGALITY OF ANY OF THE OFFERS FROM OUR PARTNERS; OR ANY TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. 10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL LENDEDU, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF LENDEDU’S SITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT LENDEDU IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
12. NOTICE Lendedu will give you any necessary notices by posting them on the Site. You authorize Lendedu to send notices via electronic mail as well if it decides, in its sole discretion, to do so. You agree to check the Site for notices, and that you will be considered to have received a notice when it is made available to you by posting on the Site.
14. TERMINATION. These terms, as may be amended from time to time, are effective until your account, if applicable, is deactivated by either you or LendEDU and you discontinue your use of the Services. Any section of the terms that by its nature is intended to survive termination of this Agreement or your use or access to the Services or the Content shall survive such termination.
THIS NOTICE IS REQUIRED BY LAW. Read more at ftc.gov . You have the right to a free credit report from AnnualCreditReport.com or 877-322-8228, the ONLY authorized source under federal law. Take me to the authorized source
The FCRA also states that individuals are entitled to receive a disclosure directly from the consumer reporting agency free of charge under the following circumstances: You certify in writing that you are unemployed and intend to apply for employment in the 60 day period beginning on the day you make the certification; You are on public welfare assistance You have reason to believe that your file at the consumer reporting agency contains inaccurate information due to fraud You have been denied credit, insurance, or employment in the past 60 days as a result of your Credit Report. The FCRA also permits consumers to dispute inaccurate information in their Credit Report without charge. Accurate information cannot be changed. You do not have to purchase your Credit Report to dispute inaccurate or incomplete information in your credit file maintained by the three main credit bureaus. The federal Fair Credit Billing Act gives you the right to dispute billing errors, such as unauthorized charges, on your credit card by notifying your credit card company in writing within 60 days after the first bill containing the error was sent to you. The credit card company must resolve the dispute within two billing cycles (not to exceed 90 days) after receiving your notification. You may withhold payment on the disputed amount (and related charges) during the investigation. You must pay the amount not in dispute. You will be informed in writing whether your bill is correct or contains an error. If your bill contains an error, it will be corrected.